- My friends and family
- Not being afflicted with any severe psychological impairment... a weird thing to put on a TiLT, but I'm really grateful for this.
- Modern medicine
- The three students from one of my classes who helped me get past the blockade at the school gate on Wednesday
- Slowly but surely improving my body image (surprising, since I've been eating so many sweets and carbs haha)
- My roommate, even though we had a tough spot yesterday. It's been resolved and I'm so glad she is as wonderful as she is.
- The teachers at L'Essouriau for being so warm and welcoming
- Transportation, when it works
- Modern technology like Skype and the Internet, among many others like washing machines!
- Remembering that nothing is the end of the world
- Two of the sassier students in my first-year English class bringing me back down to earth with their upfront attitudes (it's going to be an interesting year with them I'm sure)
- Actually missing people acutely for the first time in my life and feeling the reciprocity
- The English language
- My proficiency in French
- America (I can't tell you how many times I have thanked my lucky stars that I was born there)
- Understanding catty French jokes about people behind their backs... I'm a terrible person
- Kinder Bueno cookies as a treat after a day of awful transportation woes on Wednesday
- Remembering that, health-wise, there is always someone worse off than me and I have so little to complain about
- Always feeling safe in my own head even when the outside world seems terrible.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Things I Love Thursday
It's a bit late, but I did write these yesterday, Thursday! It was a roller coaster day of emotions for me, alternating between anxiety, jubilance, anger and frustration, relief, gratitude, sinking resentment and, finally, calm.