Monday, January 24, 2011

Familiar Vocabulary Lessons

C'est le bazar - what a mess. I've heard this several times since I've been here, and I always misheard it as the incorrect "c'est le par hasard," which I turned around in my mind as "everything's so random." But now I know! This is a bit more polite, I think, than c'est le bordel.

Ça caille! - It's freezing! A common utterance in this awful, freezing country. Forecasts don't seem to be promising anything higher than about 4 degrees Celsius (around 39 Fahrenheit) until March. :(

I'm excited to get paid in 3 days, because then I can go to The Real McCoy and make some American treats for the family I'm now living with. I also sorely need a passport cover, and my Forever 21 purse has been holding on suspiciously long (given that it's Forever 21 and I bought it in October 2009!), so it's only a matter of time before it gives up. Then again, there is also food to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo happy for you that you found "The Real McCoy!!!!!" Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete